The deadline has been extended to Aug 4th which is tomorrow! The 2015 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing will be held from Jan 4-8 on Kohala Coast in Hawaii! Andrew and Ben (together with collaborators Robert and Zhiyong at NCBI) are organizing the session on Crowdsourcing and Mining Crowd Data. For the session to be remotely decent, they need manuscript submissions. Submissions will be vigorously peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be published in an archival proceedings volume (fully indexed in PubMed), with a number of the papers selected for presentation during the conference. Please consider submitting your manuscripts describing biocomputing applications and methodological advances in crowdsourcing techniques or learning from crowd data. Without your manuscript submissions articulating the latest and greatest research in the field, they will have nothing to discuss except the merits of surf and sunlight in curing sadness triggered by the insufficient number of submissions!
Here are the details on how to help them:
Visit the PSB session call for papers page for useful details to determine if your manuscript is right for this session. Instructions on how to format and submit your manuscript are also included on that page.
- Manuscript submission: August 4, 2014
- Notification to authors: September 9, 2014
- Camera-ready papers due: October 1, 2014
- Abstract deadline for posters: November 17, 2014
- Conference: January 4 – 8, 2015
- Robert Leaman, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- Benjamin Good, Scripps Research Institute
- Andrew Su, Scripps Research Institute
- Zhiyong Lu, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)