Gene Wiki stats for January 2010Posted by Andrew on Feb 5, 2010 in Gene Wiki, usage stats | 2 comments
Whenever I lack for inspiration for a blog post, or whenever we need a pick-me-up in the form of evidence that our work is being used, I fire off an update of our usage metrics. Yesterday, I ran an update of the Gene Wiki stats.
For the month of January 2010:
- The 9860 Gene Wiki pages were viewed 3,016,227 times.
- 91% of Gene Wiki pages are in the top 8 Google results when searching by gene symbol (43% are the top hit).
- A total of 949 human edits were performed by 346 unique editors.
- An additional 115 edits were performed by bots.
- Total text content grew by 121 kilobytes, approximately equal to one PLoS Biology article.
- Total text content now stands at 69.73 megabytes, approximately equal to 575 PLoS Biology articles (slightly more than were actually published in PLoS Biology in 2008 and 2009)
I’ve uploaded the full statistics if anyone would like to see.
That completes today’s navel gazing session….